Thursday 8 December 2011

Akseli Gallen-Kallela

I was in Finland this weekend, and we went to Akseli Gallén-Kallela exhibition.
I was so impressed - once again - by his amazing landscapes and how he developed as an artist a lot during just 3-4 years! Amazing...

The exhibition was on the upstairs of the museum, there were Russian fin de siécle fauvists and abstracts in the lower floor. On top of the stairs they had put the Mäntykoski painting  and... Oh my... it was impressive...


This was the first time I saw Demasquée and Mother with Sick Child together... and noticed the same couch, rya and guitar :-D



This is his portrait of Greta Ahlman... I love the detailed lace and the abstract background...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the chance to visit Finland when this exposition was still running. I love this artist and I definitely think he influenced the Finnish culture… One of my favorite artwork is: Aallotaret . Akseli Gallen was very talented.

    ReplyDelete